Listed here are typical installation directions for an ONAN 5500 Gas/Diesel/Propane having a 8-pin generator wiring harness.
Note: For action 7 you will have to buy 14-gauge electrical wire for the run from our ShorePower track to your transfer switch.
Turn-off your generator AC circuit breakers in order to avoid disruption of coast power service during installation and assessment of ShorePower track.
Recognize the following 4 cables in mail order bride your generator wiring harness.
Make use of tape or label to mark each cable so that you won’t forget which wire is which.
- A – Ground – Brown
- B – Stop – Green
- C – Begin – Red
- E – Run – Orange
The wires are labeled on the harness as follows on a typical ONAN 10-pin wiring harness
- A – Ground
- C – Begin
- E – Stop
- F – Run
NOTE: The pin connections above are typical ONAN connections. Only a few ONAN generators have actually the generator that is same harness connections as some was changed because of the dealer or RV maker. Make certain you have precisely identified the 4 cables properly before proceeding with step three.
Connect one Posi-Tap to each regarding the 4 cables identified in step two.
Result in the connection through the ShorePower Monitor to your Posi-Taps (wiring harness) according to the wiring diagram provided.
- Green cable to E AVOID
- Red cable to C BEGIN
- Brown cable to A GROUND
- Orange cable to FRUN
Be sure to link the proper cables to the wiring harness even as we use red-colored cables more often than once.
On our installation picture we used white wires to expand towards the harness as a result of location of our product. The closer the installation of our unit to your wiring harness will assist you to utilize the provided 4-foot wire size we offer.
- Link the red cable from the ShorePower Monitor (I3) to 1 region of the enable switch utilizing the provided Posi-Lock or a crimp connector.
- Link the 2nd red cable (supplied in the zip-lock case) to another region of the switch that is enable. One other end of the red cable will ultimately get in touch to your good battery pack terminal.
- Link the red wire through the enable switch while the red cable from (L+) regarding the ShorePower track to your +12 VDC (good battery terminal).
- Link the wire that is blackM) regarding the ShorePower track to ground (any steel on your own RV).
Through the ShorePower Monitor Power Converter ( See wiring diagram B – Transfer Switch Connection):
You will need 14-gauge stranded wire that is electrical the run from our device to your transfer switch.
- Connect (L) on our MeanWell Power Converter to at least one side for the 110 Volts from the transfer switch.
- Link the (N) on our MeanWell Power Converter into the center connection (common) in the transfer switch
The ShorePower track & the MeanWell Power Converter should both have their light that is green ON if all of the wires, such as the cables into the transfer switch, were properly linked. .
- To check the unit turn the ENABLE Switch ON and disconnect from coast energy. The green light on the MeanWell goes down and in around 20 moments our product will auto-start your generator.
- Let generator run for around one minute then re-connect to shore energy and our product will automatically shut-off your generator in more or less 10-12 moments. The light that is green the MeanWell can come right right back on.
ESSENTIAL NOTE: switching the ALLOW SWITCH On or OFF will not impact the light that is green the ShorePower track or MeanWell. Those two light will always be on IF the ShorePower Monitor is properly connect and you have shore power. The ALLOW SWITCH just allows or disables monitoring.
This is exactly what a set-up that is typical look like when it is completed. You will see other customer installation photos by clicking right here.